My Photo
Name:

Brandon and I have been married for almost 13 years, have two beautiful children, soon to be three! We are adopting from Ethiopia and couldn't be more excited to start this new chapter!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Just stuff

It has been so long since I've written here. I really must be better at this. While I don't have a lot of new information right now (at least nothing earth-shattering) there has been "stuff" that has been happening. We had our fingerprints done at the Department of Homeland Security. This was serious business. They took away my travel wine bottle opener though, just like they would if it were the airport. But the wait was no problem. We were in, we were out. Easy-peasy! We are still waiting for CIS approval. Hopefully that will come soon. We also need ANOTHER employment letter from Brandon's employer. Apparently the notary's commission expiration on her stamp was incorrect and the secretary of state detected that mistake and now wants a new letter. Of course it would have to be THAT piece of paper that was the hardest of all to get in the first place! Sigh....

On a brighter note we did switch the kids' rooms around. The were re-painted and Nolan's room now has bunk beds - exciting!! Nolan's room (now, originally was Madelyn's) had two closets so we figured that would be much better for the boys.

On August 3rd I was in a car accident. The trusty van refuses to die so it's in the shop being repaired, even as I type! We should hopefully have that back by the end of the month. I hope we never have to deal with insurance again - what a pain.

We are going camping this weekend and also for Labor Day. As much as we enjoy camping we haven't really been able to go on too many camp trips this year, due to Brandon's work schedule. I hope that's not the case next summer. I miss it when we don't get to go!

I guess that's about it for now....will write more as I learn more!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Redman's said...

well good. an update. that's what i like to see. :) :) pictures would be a nice touch.

August 17, 2010 at 7:07 PM  
Blogger April Jones said...

Suzi, you know I'm no good at this business!! you need to help me! :)

August 23, 2010 at 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Addis Ababa