My Photo
Name:

Brandon and I have been married for almost 13 years, have two beautiful children, soon to be three! We are adopting from Ethiopia and couldn't be more excited to start this new chapter!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My most favorite time of year

I am absolutely giddy. I love Christmas. I love the music, I love the decorations, I love baking, I love that we celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ! It it my most favorite time of year. I feel warm and fuzzy and so incredibly thankful for everything that we have.

As I began decorating this year, which included getting into the attic to get everything down, figuring out where I put stuff, and then trying to somewhat organize where things will go (the kids, mind you, are frantically pulling stuff out trying to find their stockings and their nutcrackers) I am reminded of how blessed I am to be living in this country where I have the freedom to decorate for Christmas, where I can put up my nativity scene near the front window so anyone passing by can see it and I don't fear persecution for celebrating the birth of my Lord. What a blessing!

I am reminded of how we are blessed because we have a warm roof over our heads and food in our cupboards and we have a healthy family. Do I deserve these blessings? No. Does God give us good and perfect gifts? Yes. And I am thankful. So incredibly thankful.

We always host Thanksgiving at our house and I was thinking of how next year I would be adding another little plate at the table, God-willing, for our new son. This thought seemed to carry over into the decorating for Christmas since the kids were asking which stockings were mine and Brandon's (they of course know their own) and I wondered if I might be adding another one very soon. I imagine it will continue as I wrap gifts and we carry out our traditions of making sugar cookies at Grandma's house and driving around looking at Christmas lights.  Will our new little guy be with us next year doing all these wonderful things?? I pray it will be so!

I am anxious to find out who this little boy is and when we'll be able to meet him. Friday will mark 3 months on the waiting list and it has gone by so fast that I really can't believe it. Not a day goes by that I am not thinking of him and what he's doing and wondering what his story is.

This post started because I am so excited for Christmas and wanting to share how much I love this time of year but ended up being Thanksgiving/Christmas/waiting list update all in one! I'm good with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Addis Ababa