My Photo
Name:

Brandon and I have been married for almost 13 years, have two beautiful children, soon to be three! We are adopting from Ethiopia and couldn't be more excited to start this new chapter!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Waiting, waiting, waiting

I feel like have been fairly patient and have not gotten riled up over the wait for our referral and even taken in stride the different obstacles that have started to surface regarding our adoption process. I am slowly losing my positive attitude. I am getting frustrated and anxious. What this ultimately means is that I'm not praying enough and giving my worries and anxiousness to God, the One who can handle it and the One who knows what's going on, here and in Ethiopia. I KNOW that His timing is perfect and know that I don't have all the pieces to the puzzle. I do take comfort in knowing that God's hand is all over this and has the perfect plan for our family. Friday will mark 6 months on the waiting list.

The kids are doing well...we are in the throes of selling Girl Scout cookies and Madelyn has been enjoying that. Nolan is in Cub Scouts still and baseball starts in less than a month. Where is the time going?!?



BTW...random thought here...I think that dogs eating chocolate and getting sick from it is a myth. Our dog ate an ENTIRE box of Tagalongs yesterday while we were gone and was fine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kirstin C said...

I am right there with you.... it took me awhile to lose my cool over the delays. But you're exactly right - I despair when I stop trusting God.
I'm praying TONS for all of us, for our little ones, and for our capacity for patience!!!

March 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

These are tough times -

The dog eating tagalongs made me smile.

I ate a whole box of tagalongs last week and my pants no longer fit =)

Hang in there!

March 4, 2011 at 5:28 AM  
Blogger April Jones said...

You ladies make me smile.

March 7, 2011 at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Addis Ababa